Game Info Plugin
- 1.2.7 -
What is it?
Have a secondary monitor? This plugin displays some game info on a banner on the bottom of the screen. If you use GameExtender, there's a light transparency on the form so you can see the image below it as well.
How do I use it?
GI-126.png 98.89KB 11 downloads
Simply set (or don't set) your extra options via the Plugin Manager's configuration, or use the command lines outlined below. You can also skin the Game Info interface to suit your tastes since the 1.0.7 update.
It's simple really... Themes go in the Game Info/Themes folder. A green "check" next to the list indicates the theme is the one applied for GameEx, and a red "X" indicates that it isn't. Press "APPLY" on any theme to start using it.
Click on the "PREVIEW" image to get an idea of what it will look like in GameEx:
What does it do?
Here's a list of features so far:
- The plugin keeps track of total time played for that game, and session time played. The timer view alternates every 60 seconds.
- There are two main views which rotate every 5 minutes. The first displays the following
- Game Title Snap
- Game Name (or ROM name if you don't use a database for said system or no entry is found)
- System Name (your emulator's Title Text setting)
- Developer and [YEAR]
- If either of the previous two is unavailable, Number of Players is displayed
- The second display includes Game Name and System Name in addition to the following:
- In Game Snap
- Last Played Data (This is the last time you played the game with the plugin enabled) and [Overall Play Count]
- Game Description if available
- The current time is displayed in the lower right corner
- Text now is measured against screen length and scrolls to accommodate long info (No more auto ellipse!)
- Custom user-defined images for Game Mode and Attract Mode
- Screensaver mode that prevents screen burn-in while Game Extender is running
- Attract Mode popup shows game info when the game changes
- Dialog forms that display on certain functions
- Update notification if a newer version of Game Info is available (disabled by default)
- Jukebox Mode that displays "Now Playing" data (REGISTERED USER FEATURE ONLY!)
- Jukebox integration for the screen saver (album art displayed in the logo field) (REGISTERED USER FEATURE ONLY!)
- Dialog form shows brief info about the game you select before you even start it up!
- Plugin update notification lets you know if a new version of the plugin is available when you launch GameEx
- Custom themeing/skinnig
- If you wanted to disable it for a certain emulator, just add [NOGAMEINFO] or [NOINFO] to the emulator's command line.
- To hide/show the Game Info while in a game or hide/show the jukebox info, press SHIFT+TAB
- To refresh or force update the jukebox info, press SHIFT+SPACE
- Integrated support for GameEx *.db3 and *.mdb files to keep better track of play times
- NEW! Supports GameEx's Hi-Score competition directly *Online only feature!
- Custom text for labels via the Plugin configuration
- NEW! Replaces GameExtender Viewer in some situations with a more customized image viewer
- NEW! Add sound effects to specific actions in the plugin's theme
Wow that's super easy! What if I find a bug?
Report it here!
Any questions? Ask away. Feel free to offer suggestions on how I can make it better.
Download it here:
The latest build is not currently included with the GameEx install!
The font included doesn't have special language chars, so I'm not entirely sure how it'll work for you if you don't use English. I'm interested in seeing snapshots in the case of foreign languages though.
If you wanted the Last.FM features, you can download the patch here. This will modify the way the plugin behaves with the jukebox, and is a huge addition to the cool factor. Check it out!