All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED]Yet another PSX thread

Chaos.Tiki

GameEx may just log it that way too, working dir might just not show here (if he's using process in code there's a variable for the working dir already). Could also be a bug, try a different emu # and import that config you posted.

• Like 1

GameEx may just log it that way too, working dir might just not show here (if he's using process in code there's a variable for the working dir already).

You are absolutely correct. I just verified that the working path does not actually show up in the log. Good catch! :D Guess I should have asked to see his runitgame.bat instead.

C.T: The more I think about that map file the more suspicious I am. If your map file contains entries that don't actually exist in your ROM directory, you'd likely see system behavior very close to what you're describing here. I'd suggest removing the map file entry for this emulator in the Setup Wizard and see if you get the same results.

Or at least open it in notepad and post a few entries so we can look at it. Just to rule it out. :)

A bit more information. I have always had the machine on mute.

Now I turned off the map file. And then the same thing would happen. I turned up the volume to hear what its doing. I hear the game playing. But all I see is that white screen.

Not sure if the audio was always there or not.

I also did not alter that map file in any way. But I don't think that was the issue.

So just to verify, it sort of hangs when you start the emulator and doesn't return focus to GameEx? Here's what I'd like you to try, go to your start menu and select

Start Menu > All Programs > GameEx > Utilities > Run Last Game

Does that generate the same results? I'm wondering whether there's something in your system or the way you've got the emulator configured that might be preventing it from running properly from the command line. Stranger things have happened! :)

Wow! It appears that there may be an issue with loading this emulator in fullscreen on your system. What happens when you run the following commands from the command line (which will be either Start Menu > Run > cmd (in XP) -OR- Start Menu > Search Programs and Files > cmd.exe (in Win7)).

C:

cd C:\Emulators\pSX

psxfin.exe "C:\Roms\Sony Playstation\Roms\Mega Man X4 (USA).bin"

Verify that those paths are correct, but assuming they are it should launch pSX in windowed mode. If it launches okay in windowed mode it would appear that there may be an issue with launching in fullscreen.

Edit: You might also want to double check your video settings in pSX.

File > Configuration > Graphics

Make sure there's nothing that stands out or seems unusual there (particularly for the fullscreen settings). For my part under fullscreen settings I have everything set to either 'Default' or 'Auto' with VSync turned on (although I'm only running a single monitor).

Edited by nullPointer

Seems like it is the emulator itself. I pushed alt enter and the screen went full and white.

EDIT I found the problem. The brightness and contrast were all the way up for some reason... and they only apply to fullscreen mode.

Now that you got me using bin files, how do we go about sorting them in gamex?

Sweet! Glad you got the fullscreen settings working. :D Not sure what you mean by sorting the .bin files in GameEx? Your map file will be the main determining factor as to how these games appear in GameEx. What does that map file look like right now?

For example I have 3 Tekken 3s that show up on the list. I only need 1.

Currently I don't have a map file in place because I removed it a few steps ago lol. But the map file that was applied before did a whole lotta nothing for that list.... im not even sure what it did do.

Well, you can do one of two things.

You can try to reset your filter to *.cue for the purposes of this emulator. That will ensure that each disc only has one entry in your list (if it works). I've never had any luck with this setting for pSX. The only filter that's ever worked on my rig is *.bin. From what I gather this is not true for everyone.

The other thing we can do is whip that map file into shape. A map file basically boils down to 'hardcoding' the list of games that appear in your list. The down side is that only games appearing in the map file will appear in your list (i.e. if you add games, you have to add them to your map before they will appear.) A couple of our illustrious members have developed applications which make it easier to generate map files.

Map File Maker - Adultery

Map File Magician - Tempest

Either of those should make the map file process a bit more intuitive, although I'm certainly no expert on either one of these applications (luckily the developers are around fairly regularly) ;)

• Like 1

Great! Sounds like everything is ironed out then. NIce job!

If everything is working to your satisfaction, would you mind going back to your first post and marking it as [RESOLVED] in the thread title? A little housekeeping goes along way towards helping future users. Thanks! :D