All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Lost Almost All Audio

sty151

Hello,

Some time back I lost almost all of my audio in GameEx. I say almost all because MAME games still have sound but jukebox, movies, karaoke, etc. all show that they are playing but I hear nothing. Video's and karaoke show on the screen but no audio. I can get each of these things to work outside of GameEx but no luck inside. I don't believe this happed as a result of an update. I have updated several times hoping that would fix it. I believe it started when I noticed that karaoke started previewing like videos. I went into the wizard to see if that was something I could turn off separately from movie previews (never found it by the way). I'm sorry I don't remember the exact events that caused the issue. It was probably a month ago. Around the same time my server crashed and getting it replaced took priority. The only codec pack I have installed is ffdshow and haali media splitter. I've included my log and ini file. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Sty151

log.txt

GameEx.ini

For starters, I would recommend installing the Shark007 codec pack (get the 64 bit extensions if your version of Win 7 is 64-bit). I would think, however, if GameEx was encountering a conflict that it would show in the log you provided, yet it does not.

Thanks for the reply. It wasn't the codec pack. I uninstalled ffdshow and haali media splitter and installed Shark007. I also reinstalled GameEx with default settings and pointing to my files; no luck. I finally had to uninstall and reinstall my audio driver (VIA HD Audio). Just uninstalling it fixed it but I figured I should install the audio driver, I assume they make it for a reason. Maybe this will help someone else.