All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> Retro Arcade HD RELEASED!!! <<<

Krakerman

Ok guys this is the new and improved Colecovision!

@Draco I want to release it as one theme and not a bunch of seperate packs. So that you will be able to download it in one file and install and not have to wait for me to release each individual pack. If I do it that way I know I would get lazy and take much longer to ever finishing it.

At the pace I'm going it looks like I'll have it ready by next month.

• Like 1

Ok guys this is the new and improved Colecovision!

@Draco I want to release it as one theme and not a bunch of seperate packs. So that you will be able to download it in one file and install and not have to wait for me to release each individual pack. If I do it that way I know I would get lazy and take much longer to ever finishing it.

At the pace I'm going it looks like I'll have it ready by next month.

Can't wait for it man! Keep it up!

Not for this theme sorry!

IMO, since this is really a pure arcade/console theme, that is the correct answer! If this were focussed more on media center things (DVD, music, etc) and it were wide screen then it should have weather etc. I'm excited about this because it focuses SOLELY on the game systems and it maintains a 4:3 ratio which these systems all ran on. I'm not against the new content or 16:9, but since that's not what I'm running, all the new themes that use them are less interesting to me.

Well said bkenobi. ;) This theme is Hyperspin meets GameEx! and was never meant to be like a media center type of theme. Purely about the consoles and arcades hense the title of the theme.

The latest themes I'm starting to work on are the handhelds.

LOL Cool! You're making screens for emulators I don't have, and you're making me want them! :) I never even heard of the the Pokemon Mini, and I didn't know the PocketStation had games.. I thought it was just a storage drive.

That's the whole idea. I said I was gonna include many obscure systems that many themes don't have. Many many more to come ... Time to kick it up a notch ;)

This weekend I've started working on the Gameboy handhelds.

@Draco Ok I have thought about this all weekend and being that I have so much work still to do on this theme (much more than I realised) ... that I have decided to release Retro Arcade HD in a series of packs. Inintially I will release a core system. I will let you guys know real soon what will be included in the core package. This theme has taken me well over 6 months working on it and I know I have shown you guys just the tip of the iceberg of what this theme will contain. With that said I will be releasing more info in the next few days so stayed tuned!!!

I would probably include the most commonly used systems as the CORE offering - MAME, Daphne, Atari consoles, the more common handhelds, Colecovision, Sega consoles, and Nintnendo consoles. You could then offer the additional packs based on manufacturer, obscure system, etc. for example.

Yeah, include MAME and the most common console and handheld systems from the big manufacturers (Sega, Sony, Nintendo, Atari, etc). The more obscure stuff is awesome, but my guess is that many people would find these take up a lot of space that they won't necessarily see the benefit from. Of course, if it were that big a deal, those people could always just modify the theme to remove the ones they don't need.

A couple questions on the Game Gear.

• Is there a reason the system is squished?
  • Who is that character? I've never seen the star guy, so I guess I wouldn't consider him to be the marquee character for the system.

Really looking forward to the release. Awesome!

It looks squished because I downsized it from 1920x1080 to 800x600 so it would take less space and viewable on the forums thats all. The actual theme is 1920x1080 and looks way better than the images you see... trust me ;) I am using a 47" display and it looks awesome!

I have an idea what I will be doing for the add-on packs and you have already read my mind as far as what will be included with the core package. I will not be including DVD, Movie or Music images for this theme as that was not the main focus of the theme so those will be excluded. I might do some as an expansion set for those in the future but my main focus is the systems as that is what my system is set for. Also this theme is meant to use custom menus as that is how I have it setup on my system but you can do it however you want.

I still have to tweak the MAME theme a bit as the font size is a bit of a pain with this theme as there is no way of disabling all the menu search options from displaying. All I want to display on MAME screen is: Back Home and Exit and not having By Manufacturer By Date ect ect....So I need to fine tune it a bit more before I release it. This is why I requested each system have a different font size or being able to disable all the seach options in MAME from displaying.

I will not be including the Pinball theme as of yet either as I am not quite happy with it and need to work on it some more before I release those.Sorry I really wanted to have that one ready, but I just am not happy with the quality of it so look for that in a future release.

Anyways I will start tweaking MAME tonight and hopefully by this weekend I will have it released so you all can give it a run thru.