All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] GameEx 11.96

Tom Speirs

Changes to frame skipping which should result in a smoother display for most people, including smooth scrolling.

Scrolling text now increases speed with the display size

The scrolling text position is now remembered

The setup wizard now supports multiple control assignments for custom keyboard and gamepad controls. Thanks Ben.

Visualizations now run faster.

Fixes theme picker.

View the full article

Holy crap! Tom's on steroids!! Thanks Tom and Ben for the update!

Your topic was listed as 11.86 instead of 11.96 :: Fixed. ;)

Unbelieveable, Thanks Tom n Ben.

I just booted up GameeEx and it appears that the scroller (and refresh of the selector bars) are too fast. I have a 22" monitor and I am unable read the scroll because of the speed. It may not be as much of an issue for larger television displays but I can see an issue with smaller sets and PC monitors. If there was an external setting through Setup Wizard to select scroll speeds: Slow - Normal - Fast would be extremely helpful.

Will post in the Feature Requests thread as well.

I just booted up GameeEx and it appears that the scroller (and refresh of the selector bars) are too fast. I have a 22" monitor and I am unable read the scroll because of the speed. It may not be as much of an issue for larger television displays but I can see an issue with smaller sets and PC monitors. If there was an external setting through Setup Wizard to select scroll speeds: Slow - Normal - Fast would be extremely helpful.

Will post in the Feature Requests thread as well.

Sounds like you have vsync and reduce CPU utilisation turned off. Turn it on under tweaks/performance. There is really no need for them to be turned off unless your running a pentium 3! On my 2.4ghz core duo quad GameEx runs at 0-1% cpu with them both turned off. However Ill fix the crazy speed increase in the next release.

Sounds like you have vsync turned off. Turn it on under tweaks/performance.

I had it set to "Do Wait" and changed it to "Do not Wait" and this did slow it down a little but still a bit too fast. I also noticed that it would slow a little more whenever a video preview snap was displayed and speed up when a static snap or no snap displayed.

I had it set to "Do Wait" and changed it to "Do not Wait" and this did slow it down a little but still a bit too fast. I also noticed that it would slow a little more whenever a video preview snap was displayed and speed up when a static snap or no snap displayed.

Sounds like vsync is not working for you then. Probably a video card thing.

Sounds like vsync is not working for you then. Probably a video card thing.

Tom - it appears you are correct! I went into the nVidia 3D settings and added GameEx to the applications list and there was a setting for V-Synch so I forced V-Synch On and rebooted GameEx and the scroll bar is much more legible. Thanks for the tip!