All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[ RESOLVED ] ZXSPIN control issue

simbamame

Im using ZXSPIN to emulate my spectrum and ive run into a problem with the control config, wonder if anyone else has had this problem.

I alter the control to Q up A for down N for left M for right ENTER for fire and then save the configuration but it appears that the games are ignoring the settings zxspin has as the keys ive defined dont work, take manic miner top row left and right bottom row jump i dont really want to use the Advanced config editor tio map out keys as other games dont have the same set up any ideas?

Ian

Sinclair Spectrums don't have a joystick port built in (Amstrad built ones had the rubbish Sinclair joystick interface though). But Manic Miner will work if you tell ZXSpin to use the popular Kempston interface as your main joystick. So many games used many different keys though, I tend to play spectrum games with a keyboard. Maybe I'm tellin you how to suck eggs but these speccys aren't great in cabinet setups.

Sinclair Spectrums don't have a joystick port built in (Amstrad built ones had the rubbish Sinclair joystick interface though). But Manic Miner will work if you tell ZXSpin to use the popular Kempston interface as your main joystick. So many games used many different keys though, I tend to play spectrum games with a keyboard. Maybe I'm tellin you how to suck eggs but these speccys aren't great in cabinet setups.

lol wubble, no mate i`ll try the kempston interface thing, some games allow u you redefine keys in game like chuckie egg, for the rest i`ll try the kempston and then use the advance config editor and hopefully map out more than 1 key per button or stick movement. Odd thou as most games only use up,down left right and fire !, obviously the muppits who coded back in them days used what ever keys took there fancy !

resloved thanks to wubble who sujested using the kempston joystick and then altering the configuration within zxspin for the kempston movements means ALL games are working as they should now, Many thanks.