All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Full Configuration Mame Package

Hello folks,

I was now working for over 1 week on this package, which includes scripts, Documentations and tools and I reinstalled over 30 times my PC to check if really everything is working. Now really EVERYBODY is capable to create a complete highly optimized MAME PC system with this package. I created 2 packages :

1. FULL MAME Installation Package V2.0

Here You will find ALL necessary files ROMs excluded to create Your mame system. You will find the following folders :

1. Scripts

2. Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP 1 (x86)

3. Windows Media Player 11 (OFFLINE Version)

4. Vista Codec Pack

5. Mameuifx32

6. Sega Model 2 Emu 0.95

7. ZiNc

8. GameEx

9. DiskTrix UltimateDefrag

10. Boot Logo Changer

11. Instant Sheller

12. KeyThis! Testing Utility

13. Refresh Force

14. Nokia Monitor Test

15. TriSync

16. Daphne

17. DirectX 9c August 2009 Redistributable

18. Soft 15Khz

19. Pinball

20. Internet Explorer 8

...and surely my complete documentation. I wrote everything in english (not in my native language german) so that everybody can use this document. I also made a TXT version of it so that You can use it when creating the high-performance environment (Wordpad will e.g. be deleted)

2. LITE MAME Installation Package V2.0

This version is nothing else than the first package but WITHOUT the following folders :

2. Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0

3. Windows Media Player 11

4. Vista Codec pack

6. Sega Model 2

7. Zinc

8. GameEx

16. Daphne

17. DirectX 9c

19.2 Visual PinMAME

20. Internet Explorer 8

With the scripts I included, almost 90% of the configuration will be automatically created. I used Rapidshare as Hoster :

Here are the links to download...:

Ränzos Downloadsektion

I just tested everything again and its fine !

Please post feedback, comments, improvements ect...in this thread...

So, and now have fun with this package !!

Update : Manual updated to Version 2.0

Changed :

1. Added new Chapter 8 : Visual Pinball

2. Modified Chapter 3

3. Replaced new Direct x9c, Version 9.29.1962, June 2010

4. Updated Vista Codec Pack to 5.8.9, Gameex version to 11.50

5. Heavily modified some scripts, e.g. Createdirectoies.bat to also automatically copy all necessary files into the corresponding directories.

6. Added another Script for Visual Pinball support, corrected paths for Instant Sheller, New Registry Hack to hide recycle bin, extended links section

7. PDF has now bookmarks

More infos in chapter 11 : Revisions

Ränzo DeLaForce

MAME Installation Guide V2.0.pdf

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get a files not found when clicking the link, Gameex has a new feature that will not only download the latest mame and configuration files but also over 70 other emulators.

I like the package of common used utility's but am unfamiliar with the licensing and distribution of the defrag utility and monitor sync stuff.

I will check this out once the links are working.

Hi Brian,

I fixed the links and they are working now.

I only used FREEWARE / Shareware software so no problem about that. I also put links to the corresponding pages where I downloaded the stuff.

It uses GameEx as a FrontEnd so I think that package would be a nice addition here...:-)

I know that GameEx can download all these things but not everybody has an internet connection or maybe just want to set up fast their configuration and will later on do the rest ?

Bye,

Ränzo

Hi Brian,

I fixed the links and they are working now.

I only used FREEWARE / Shareware software so no problem about that. I also put links to the corresponding pages where I downloaded the stuff.

It uses GameEx as a FrontEnd so I think that package would be a nice addition here...:-)

I know that GameEx can download all these things but not everybody has an internet connection or maybe just want to set up fast their configuration and will later on do the rest ?

Bye,

Ränzo

Ränzo,

Your manual is very comprehensive and valuable to those new to emulation, thanks for the contribution. Looking forward to the final revision.

Brian Hoffman

Ranzo,

Great doc lol wish i read this about a week ago lol. I learned the hard way with instant sheller I reloaded everything. It was cool it was nice and clean when I was done. Do you have a doc like this to get daphne running with gameex hint hint lol. I hate to be a noob and keep asking for things man after 3 hours and a couple of beers I want to pull my hair out haha. Good work I hope some day I can actually contribute instead of mooch.

Tony

Ranzo,

Great doc lol wish i read this about a week ago lol. I learned the hard way with instant sheller I reloaded everything. It was cool it was nice and clean when I was done. Do you have a doc like this to get daphne running with gameex hint hint lol. I hate to be a noob and keep asking for things man after 3 hours and a couple of beers I want to pull my hair out haha. Good work I hope some day I can actually contribute instead of mooch.

Tony

We have quite a few write ups about Daphne here in the forums, I know because I authored some. Additionally in the tutorials section of the homepage there is a video of how to set it up.

http://www.gameex.com/Support/Tutorials/tabid/79/Default.aspx

Thanks,

Sorry I will be a little more proactive I was just frustrated and it was the first post I read. I am going to take a break tonight lol. Thanks for all your guys hard work I appreciate it!!!

Tony

Hello Lurker,

Thanks for Your post ! That supports me to continue ! :-) Maybe I will extend the documentation with a new section called "Daphne configuration", but first I have again to test everything. I am just configuring Daphne and then we will see...

Bye,

Ränzo

Lurker that one stings lol. Brian sorry if I sounded agitated I was a little mad last night. Ranzo it was funny because your guide was exactly how I setup my mame with a few small exceptions. The daphne I read the guide in the faq yesterday before I posted and still could not get it to work. I read about 5 or six different posts from daphne to other frontend posts also. At that point i read your post and was like man it took me a couple of hours and a reformat to get here lol wouldn't it be nice if we had a daphne one lol. I am going to figure this out Saturday maybe god willing I will have time to write a setup. I just wanted to say I am not here to just take and and not try to give. I was just frustrated last night I apologize if I came off rude. I appreciate all you guys do. I am new to this but when that wears off I am sure I will be able to start helping out. Thanks guys!!

Tony

Hi Tony,

I am also at the moment fighting with Daphne to integrate it in GameEx...I just opened a new post with this topic :

Daphne problem

Everything is working in Daphne, but I dont see the game in GameEx...

If I finally manage to get everything running, I will maybe add a new section to my Installation Manual... :)

Ränzo

Hi Tony,

I am also at the moment fighting with Daphne to integrate it in GameEx...I just opened a new post with this topic :

Daphne problem

Everything is working in Daphne, but I dont see the game in GameEx...

If I finally manage to get everything running, I will maybe add a new section to my Installation Manual... :)

Ränzo

Here are three threads that go into great deatil about daphne and the various problems, and how it works.

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=3860&st=0&p=22960entry22960

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=6697&hl=daphne&st=0

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=5212&hl=daphne&st=0

Brian,

Thanks you are the man!!! You are in all the forums I noticed. You are a seasoned veteran lol. Thanks once again!!

Tony

Ya, Ive been around a long time. I know Gameex in and out, like other members here. We actually have a very dedicated staff and members.

Feel free to share any issues you may have.

Update !

Mame Installation Manual, Version 1.2

Now I included a "Daphne" section so everybody should be able to get Daphne running and Brian can take one day off !! :lol:

Have fun and a nice week-end, wishing You the best from germany !! :D

Ränzo DeLaForce

PS : Brian, can You look at the new section so that I can be sure not to forgot anything...

Update !

Mame Installation Manual, Version 1.2

Now I included a "Daphne" section so everybody should be able to get Daphne running and Brian can take one day off !! :lol:

Have fun and a nice week-end, wishing You the best from germany !! :D

Ränzo DeLaForce

PS : Brian, can You look at the new section so that I can be sure not to forgot anything...

I love the Daphne section, very through and shows good understanding of how Daphne works and how its integrated into gameex. Good job!

Im not sure if I could have written it better myself, and I can assure you after writing numerous thread regarding daphne I truly understand the frustrations we have all felt when getting this emulator going.

EDIT: I removed outdated manual and attached new manual to your first post.

Here You have a part of my DAPHNE section, located in the GameEx.ini, which You can find in Program Files\Gameex\Configuration

[Daphne]

UseDaphne=True

DaphnePath=D:\Emulators\Daphne

DaphneExe=Daphne.exe

DaphneSnap=D:\Emulators\Daphne\images

DaphneOptions=vldp -fullscreen -x 640 -y 480 -opengl -noserversend -nocrc

Enabled_1 =True

ROMName_1 =lair2

GameName_1 =Dragon's Lair 2 - Time Warp

GameOptions_1 =-framefile "D:\Emulators\Daphne\roms\Dragon's Lair 2 - Time Warp\Dragon's Lair 2 - Time Warp.txt" -blank_searches -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir D:\Emulators\Daphne -sound_buffer 2048

Enabled_8=True

ROMName_8=dle2

GameName_8=Dragons Lair 1

GameOptions_8=-framefile "D:\Emulators\Daphne\roms\Dragons Lair 1\lair_dvdrom.txt" -useoverlaysb 2 -bank 0 10011000 -bank 1 01110111

Enabled_9=True

ROMName_9=sae

GameName_9=Space Ace

GameOptions_9=-framefile "D:\Emulators\Daphne\roms\Space Ace\ace_dvdrom.txt" -useoverlaysb 2 -bank 0 10001000 -bank 1 00000111

I hope this will clear the sky... :)

Ranzo/Brian,

That was the trick the options is what I had worng after I used what you had it all worked. except when i exit out of daphne games it kind of hangs and goes to windows instead of back to gameex.

Tony