All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Release: GameEx / LuminAudio Integration Scripts (may be used with other FEs)

alexdog69

I've written some scripts to wrap the LuminAudio-WIP engine from GGG/Randy. Each of the 4 main modes are supported, and a EXE is included for launching each:

- Pulse / Turbo

- Pulse / Normal

- Sweep / Turbo

- Sweep / Normal

Additionally, a LuminAudio_Close.exe is provided.

The AHK source is included in the src\ subfolder.

These .EXE's can go in your LuminAudio folder, or wherever else you like. They're expecting LuminAudio to be installed in C:\Program Files\LuminAudio_WIP. You can modify the .AHK script files to point them somewhere else and either run them directly or compile them back to .EXE's.

This wrapper seems to play very nicely with the Ben's LCD/LED plugin. The visualization only occurs on the buttons that are marked active for the current profile. While it's prettier to use them all for viz, usability of your cabinet is greatly improved for "most people" this way. Keep in mind that any profile you have where you want the viz to show up on certain buttons but not necessarily light them (i.e. game ex default)... you can just check the 'State' box in the LED plugin config and set the R/G/B or "single" values to 0.... this will 'allow' the LEDwiz onto it.

Here are the necessary bits from the GameEx.INI file.... You may need to renumber the apps if you already have entries in these slots.

If someone wants to use this with another front end, they just need to point to the EXE's ...

[ExternalApplications]

Enabled_2=True

Name_2=LuminAudio: Linear Color / Pulse

Path_2=C:\Program Files\LuminAudio_WIP

CMD_2=LuminAudio_NA_Pulse.exe

Snap_2=LuminAudio_NA_Pulse

ShowDesktop_2=True

MapKeys_2=True

WaitBeforeKeys_2=

SendKeys_2=

Enabled_3=True

Name_3=LuminAudio: Linear Color / Sweep

Path_3=C:\Program Files\LuminAudio_WIP

CMD_3=LuminAudio_NA_SweepPulse.exe

Snap_3=LuminAudio_NA_SweepPulse

ShowDesktop_3=True

MapKeys_3=True

WaitBeforeKeys_3=

SendKeys_3=

Enabled_4=True

name_4=LuminAudio: Shuffle Color / Pulse

path_4=C:\Program Files\LuminAudio_WIP

cmd_4=LuminAudio_Turbo_Pulse.exe

snap_4=LuminAudio_Turbo_Pulse

showdesktop_4=True

mapkeys_4=True

WaitBeforeKeys_4=

SendKeys_4=

Enabled_5=True

name_5=LuminAudio: Shuffle Color / Sweep

path_5=C:\Program Files\LuminAudio_WIP

cmd_5=LuminAudio_Turbo_SweepPulse.exe

snap_5=LuminAudio_Turbo_SweepPulse

showdesktop_5=True

mapkeys_5=True

WaitBeforeKeys_5=

SendKeys_5=

Enabled_6=True

name_6=LuminAudio: Disable

path_6=C:\Program Files\LuminAudio_WIP

cmd_6=LuminAudio_Close.exe

snap_6=LuminAudio_Close

showdesktop_6=False

mapkeys_6=True

WaitBeforeKeys_6=

SendKeys_6=

Enabled_7=False

name_7=

path_7=

cmd_7=

snap_7=

showdesktop_7=True

mapkeys_7=True

WaitBeforeKeys_7=

SendKeys_7=

I've made some video snaps to go with these. Does anyone know how to get these working in the 'external apps' / 'more games & programs' menu?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CI390FD9

It says to put them in GAMEEX\MEDIA\LOGOS ... I've done that... and set the snap name to the name of the movie both with and without .AVI on the end ...

but it doesn't seem to work either way.

Any ideas?

I think the videos came out rather well, so I think they'll round out the package nicely =)

LuminAudioScripts.zip

just a newb trying to do my part :) and thanks. hopefully someone uses these :)

Well Ive seen the avi's.... It looks great...

Unfortunatly I do not have the Led pushbuttons or an ledwiz...

Maybe that should be my next upgrade. :)

Im sure alot of people that have these would love it...

Keep up the great work :)

I've written some scripts to wrap the LuminAudio-WIP engine from GGG/Randy. Each of the 4 main modes are supported, and a EXE is included for launching each:

- Pulse / Turbo

- Pulse / Normal

- Sweep / Turbo

- Sweep / Normal

Additionally, a LuminAudio_Close.exe is provided.

The AHK source is included in the src\ subfolder.

These .EXE's can go in your LuminAudio folder, or wherever else you like. They're expecting LuminAudio to be installed in C:\Program Files\LuminAudio_WIP. You can modify the .AHK script files to point them somewhere else and either run them directly or compile them back to .EXE's.

This wrapper seems to play very nicely with the Ben's LCD/LED plugin. The visualization only occurs on the buttons that are marked active for the current profile. While it's prettier to use them all for viz, usability of your cabinet is greatly improved for "most people" this way. Keep in mind that any profile you have where you want the viz to show up on certain buttons but not necessarily light them (i.e. game ex default)... you can just check the 'State' box in the LED plugin config and set the R/G/B or "single" values to 0.... this will 'allow' the LEDwiz onto it.

Here are the necessary bits from the GameEx.INI file.... You may need to renumber the apps if you already have entries in these slots.

If someone wants to use this with another front end, they just need to point to the EXE's ...

[ExternalApplications]

Enabled_2=True

Name_2=LuminAudio: Linear Color / Pulse

Path_2=C:\Program Files\LuminAudio_WIP

CMD_2=LuminAudio_NA_Pulse.exe

Snap_2=LuminAudio_NA_Pulse

ShowDesktop_2=True

MapKeys_2=True

WaitBeforeKeys_2=

SendKeys_2=

Enabled_3=True

Name_3=LuminAudio: Linear Color / Sweep

Path_3=C:\Program Files\LuminAudio_WIP

CMD_3=LuminAudio_NA_SweepPulse.exe

Snap_3=LuminAudio_NA_SweepPulse

ShowDesktop_3=True

MapKeys_3=True

WaitBeforeKeys_3=

SendKeys_3=

Enabled_4=True

name_4=LuminAudio: Shuffle Color / Pulse

path_4=C:\Program Files\LuminAudio_WIP

cmd_4=LuminAudio_Turbo_Pulse.exe

snap_4=LuminAudio_Turbo_Pulse

showdesktop_4=True

mapkeys_4=True

WaitBeforeKeys_4=

SendKeys_4=

Enabled_5=True

name_5=LuminAudio: Shuffle Color / Sweep

path_5=C:\Program Files\LuminAudio_WIP

cmd_5=LuminAudio_Turbo_SweepPulse.exe

snap_5=LuminAudio_Turbo_SweepPulse

showdesktop_5=True

mapkeys_5=True

WaitBeforeKeys_5=

SendKeys_5=

Enabled_6=True

name_6=LuminAudio: Disable

path_6=C:\Program Files\LuminAudio_WIP

cmd_6=LuminAudio_Close.exe

snap_6=LuminAudio_Close

showdesktop_6=False

mapkeys_6=True

WaitBeforeKeys_6=

SendKeys_6=

Enabled_7=False

name_7=

path_7=

cmd_7=

snap_7=

showdesktop_7=True

mapkeys_7=True

WaitBeforeKeys_7=

SendKeys_7=

I've made some video snaps to go with these. Does anyone know how to get these working in the 'external apps' / 'more games & programs' menu?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CI390FD9

It says to put them in GAMEEX\MEDIA\LOGOS ... I've done that... and set the snap name to the name of the movie both with and without .AVI on the end ...

but it doesn't seem to work either way.

Any ideas?

I think the videos came out rather well, so I think they'll round out the package nicely =)

Thanks alex for this. I didn't know about this app. Looks like (from your avis) this will compliment Bens plug-in nicely. Admittedly i haven't had time to check the new version of Ben's plug-in or this app / your wrapper with things going on at work/home at the the moment but i will get round to it. And thanks also for your feedback on HK's plug-in. Very much appreciated guys.

@HK - I've been doing alot of house cleaning at the moment and have a Happ 3" Blue translucent trackball (ps/2 version with a black mounting plate and triple blue led to light it up with). It's yours if you want it (would look well with your setup - although you would have to move your ipac). I later bought the flush mount version and this one is just taking up space in the house. Just let me know... :)

post-498-1195609871_thumb.jpg

@HK - I've been doing alot of house cleaning at the moment and have a Happ 3" Blue translucent trackball (ps/2 version with a black mounting plate and triple blue led to light it up with). It's yours if you want it (would look well with your setup - although you would have to move your ipac). I later bought the flush mount version and this one is just taking up space in the house. Just let me know... :)

post-498-1195609871_thumb.jpg

Sure mate, I'd be happy to take that off your hands if you got no use for it :) PM me if your still up for it.