All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

NullDC Loader 1.1

kenclops

Attached is a updated loader for nullDC.

Fixes:

------------------------------------------------

Improved mouse hiding - should work for all games now

Improved exiting. Should now close off all NullDC windows and nulldcloader

-------------------------------------------------

INSTRUCTIONS:

1.) Make sure NullDC is set to fullscreen. Won't run otherwise

2.) Unzip and Put this loader into your NullDC folder where the main .exe is located.

3.) Set your Rom path to where your roms are

4.) Set you Work path to where the loader.exe is.

5.) Cmd line should be loader.exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

6.) Set SHOW DESKTOP to NO.

--------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD:

NullDC_Loader_1_1.zip

ENJOY!!!

• Like 1

I was wondering, what are the command line arguments to make your loader boot by itself from a winodws CMD box?

I tried loader.exe -(ENTERED FILE LOCATION AND GAME TITLE)

i.e loader.exe -c:\roms\rez.cdi

That don't work quite right, but if you can put me straight on it, maybe I can make a batch file to test the loader without running under gameex?

loader.exe "file location\name with extension"

loader.exe "C:\games\fubar.cdi"

I've been dragging my isos onto the loader and pressing alt + f4 to exit. This is how I have been testing it. I'll try it from Gameex in the next couple of days.

I made myself some bat files to launch games via Kenclops Loader, to verifiy it is not an gameex issue.

It is'nt, it is just Vista, god damn it!

The same bat files under WinXP enviroment will let me happily boot game after game after game.

Obviously Vista does something strange after its first used the loader for the first time, I'm assuming it something to do with the conime.exe in task manager after it is first sucessfully ran. Weird that a restart on loader 1.1 does not cure the problem for atleast one play, like v1.0 which did.

Anyway, for now, I'll please myself with the gaming rig having a quick launch of bat file shortcuts for playing DC stuff on that. :)

But the end game really is getting it to work on my Shuttle. Obviously If Installed WinMCE instead on Vista that would cure it! Just have not got the stomach to go through setting it up again!

Unless you guys have Vista, I'm assuming this is likea dark alley really!

I made myself some bat files to launch games via Kenclops Loader, to verifiy it is not an gameex issue.

It is'nt, it is just Vista, god damn it!

The same bat files under WinXP enviroment will let me happily boot game after game after game.

Obviously Vista does something strange after its first used the loader for the first time, I'm assuming it something to do with the conime.exe in task manager after it is first sucessfully ran. Weird that a restart on loader 1.1 does not cure the problem for atleast one play, like v1.0 which did.

Anyway, for now, I'll please myself with the gaming rig having a quick launch of bat file shortcuts for playing DC stuff on that. :)

But the end game really is getting it to work on my Shuttle. Obviously If Installed WinMCE instead on Vista that would cure it! Just have not got the stomach to go through setting it up again!

Unless you guys have Vista, I'm assuming this is likea dark alley really!

Yeah... I'm running WinXP. Haven't tested it in Vista (aka Xp with yet even more Eye Candy)

In the future, come back to this post if there are any other problems under Xp.

I wonder if NoLogic would have any idea as to what's up with Vista?

No idea really.

Just make sure that the loader and nullDC can run with admin rights is the best I can suggest...but since both are generally in a beta state your system admin may hunt you down and bludgeon you to death if s\he finds out. ;)

Best I can suggest is to troll the AutoIt forums and see if they have some thing to shed some light on things.

I have no real intent to support Vista...if some thing I make works on it...bonus. ;)

Thanks for looking both.

I can safely say that I have tried all exe.'s individually and together with Amin privs on and off, as well as XP SP2 compat mode.

Had a look through the Autoit forums, not very useful either.

I hate abondoning things, but my head is getting rather angled now from wall butting ;-)

Roll on the next release of nullDC, hopefully they will remember why we like CLI!

I have the same problem. It runs correct once but stops after that and just keeps putting a icon in the system tray. I am running windows Xp pro sp2

Crikey, your more unlucky than me then! Patience on CLI on next release seems the best hope here :D

Well from my general testing it doesn't look like its the loaders fault and CLI won't likely make things better...just cleaner.

Basically it looks like the internal CD image plugin vomits all over its self every so often...or fairly often, depending on disc image and where the moon is in the sky. ;)

Tho I'm running a beta of xpadder right now so maybe thats influencing my testing.

However things seem to work fine with the virtual drive loader if using Alcohol 52% or 100%

Well from my general testing it doesn't look like its the loaders fault and CLI won't likely make things better...just cleaner.

Basically it looks like the internal CD image plugin vomits all over its self every so often...or fairly often, depending on disc image and where the moon is in the sky. ;)

Tho I'm running a beta of xpadder right now so maybe thats influencing my testing.

However things seem to work fine with the virtual drive loader if using Alcohol 52% or 100%

I tried various images through the nulldc loader 1.1 and everything seems fine. I've tried pressing esc and other times pressing ALT f4. It says somewhere in the nulldc readme that the only true way to exit the program is to use ALT F4. Maybe the problem is that you are using the ESC key? perhaps?

What about using the following line to move the mouse?

DllCall("SetCursorPos", int, 10000, int, 10000)

That way you don't see the cursor slowly moving towards the bottom of the screen, it just moves instantly

What about using the following line to move the mouse?

DllCall("SetCursorPos", int, 10000, int, 10000)

That way you don't see the cursor slowly moving towards the bottom of the screen, it just moves instantly

I'll try it out. Thanks. Post Tomorrow Evening if works.