All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

NullDC Loader

kenclops

NoLogic basically wrote this. I just edited a few lines to get it working right.

INSTRUCTIONS:

-----------------------------------------

1.) Unzip and Place this in your NullDC folder where the nulldc program is.

2.) Cmd line path in Gameex should be: loader.exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

3.) Route your rom path to where your games are

4.) Route your work path to where the emulator NullDC is.

3.) Show Desktop Set to NO

4.) IMPORTANT: Make sure that in NULLDC you have it set to FULLSCREEN, any resolution will do. (Preferably 640x480 or 800x600)

DOWNLOAD:

------------------------------------------

NullDC_Loader.zip

NoLogic basically wrote this. I just edited a few lines to get it working right.

INSTRUCTIONS:

-----------------------------------------

1.) Unzip and Place this in your NullDC folder where the nulldc program is.

2.) Cmd line path in Gameex should be: loader.exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

3.) Route your rom path to where your games are

4.) Route your work path to where the emulator NullDC is.

3.) Show Desktop Set to NO

4.) IMPORTANT: Make sure that in NULLDC you have it set to FULLSCREEN, any resolution will do. (Preferably 640x480 or 800x600)

DOWNLOAD:

------------------------------------------

Hi, I had tried the other version that requires deamon tools, but I'm using Vista and it was being funny with deamon sadly.

i've tried yours, but it only works for the first game, after quiting back to gameex and then selecting another game, it stops on a black screen. If ALT-TAB to see what is going on I see the nulldc emu window is open and so is the open file location window.

Any idea's why?

Actually the other version doesn't require daemon tools, but it does require a virtual drive of some sort...it just assumes daemon tools is all. ;)

Matter fact I posted that I to was running into issues with daemon...I tried it with Alcohol 52% as the virtual drive and all is peachy in that respect.

Now to the biz here. :)

Are you closing the loader with a key-combo by using an advanced config...much like whats used in the my version...or are you exiting the emu by pressing ESC?

If key-combo...this build doesn't currently have a child program to pick up the slack to make sure every thing turns out roses...if your exiting the emu...you got me...at a glance it should ideally be working correctly...tho something some how got lost in the details. Hehe some thing that happens to me all the time...no surprise there eh? ;)

This is very strange really.

After a reboot, I can boot a game no problem. I can then exit the game (via pressing escape on the KB) then I can boot the same game again. However a third attempt will result in the open rom location being displayed in the back ground from nulldc.

If I try and play one game on reboot then exit and try a different game then I am fast forwarded to the nulldc open rom location treat one stage earlier than above.

A restart fixes the issue, then repeat the above, LOL

So, is the problem with the unmounting of the last iso used? Considering this version does not use a tool like daemon or alchol its hard to see why.

Or, is it Microsoft's mixed bag of good and bad that is known as Vista? LOL

Eitherway, I think I've narrowed down as far as I can, unless you can suggest some further testing procedures?

I can see finishing line, but no matter how fast I run some bVgger keeps moving that finishing line at the same pace. I'm tired! :D

I'll look into this...I got dual monitors so I should be able to off set the Open dialog box to the other monitor to check and make sure its closing the way its should.

Any ways you've done a great job of getting the issue narrowed down...to kenclops & my self will see if we can get it resolved for you. :)

Your helping me, I would never mind helping in return.

Handy that I run 2 PC's and different OS.

If you have stuff to test, my pc's are:

Shuttle PC:

Windows Vista 32bit

Pentium 4 2.8

1gb DDR333

120gb Hitachi IDE

Geforce FX5700+

Soundblaster Live!

A bit old now, but runs Vista a treat for what it is used for, ie Media Centre/Gameex only for the lounge! I don't use it for anything that wont work from the MCE remote.

Gaming Rig:

Switchable boot from either Windows XP or Vista 32bit

AMD Dual Core AM2 X2 4000+

2gb DDR2 800mhz Dual Channel

500gb SATA

Ati X1950 Pro 512mb

Audigy 2zs

I don't bother with Gameex for this as I don't mind using the mouse and KB!

:)

Sorry for not posting last night... had to go and get a tattoo!

I've noticed that the autoscript stays active in the taskbar when I exit the program. It doesn't matter if you press ESC or ALT+F4. Like Visual Pinball, if vpauto.exe is not closed, eventually it starts to slow down the next time you load a pinball game, and eventually it crashes. I'm also going to investigate

I also have a better fix for the mouse cursor. Sometimes, games take longer to open to fullscreen. So, I made the mouse move just a little longer. Should accomodate all games now.

Here's the code as it is so far:

; AutoIt Options

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

Opt("MouseCoordMode", 1)

; Check For Valid Commandline

If NOT $CmdLine[0] = 1 Then Exit

; Launch Emulator

Run ( @ScriptDir & '\nullDC_100b1.exe' , '' , @SW_HIDE )

; Load Game

WinWaitActive ( "classname=ndc_main_window" )

ControlSend ( "classname=ndc_main_window" , "" , "" , "{ALTDOWN}fn{ALTUP}" )

; Open Dialog

WinWaitActive ( "Open" )

ControlSetText ( "Open" , "" , 1148 , $CmdLine[1] )

ControlSend ("Open" , "", 1148 ,"{ENTER}")

; Display Emu

WinSetState ( "classname=ndc_main_window", "", @SW_SHOW )

WinActivate ( "classname=ndc_main_window" )

; Move Mouse to Lower Right Corner Had to add it as Dreamcast recenters the mouse.

MouseMove ( @desktopwidth, @desktopheight, 40 )

MouseMove ( @desktopwidth, @desktopheight, 1)

; Wait for Emu to Exit

ProcessWaitClose ( "nullDC_100b1.exe" )

; Close loader

Exit

; EOF

Once the exit issue is solved, I'll post another update.

-UNRELATED-

So... Let's see the tattoo! I have 9 of 'em. Big fan of ink... Especially when it's done right. :D