All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APPLICATION] chankast_launch v1.6

headkaze

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chankast_launch v1.6 - By HeadKaze

========================

- Supports most options for ChankEx. Just change ChankastExe=ChankEx.exe in the chankast_launch.ini file. Other options are in the ini file, pretty straight forward stuff.

- Currently the wrapper does NOT support "Soul Calibur Player Select Hack" because it pops up a Message Box warning "This fix cause performance impact in other areas of the game." and right now I can't be bothered trying to remove that automatically. Hopefully in a future version of ChankEx they will fix these issues and remove the Message Box so it will work.

- Added JoyPad exit (a few people requested this, so that's for you)

Enjoy!

ChankEx is going plugin style. No longer going to be hacking the exe. Don't know how it will affect your wrapper.

========================

- Supports most options for ChankEx. Just change ChankastExe=ChankEx.exe in the chankast_launch.ini file. Other options are in the ini file, pretty straight forward stuff.

- Currently the wrapper does NOT support "Soul Calibur Player Select Hack" because it pops up a Message Box warning "This fix cause performance impact in other areas of the game." and right now I can't be bothered trying to remove that automatically. Hopefully in a future version of ChankEx they will fix these issues and remove the Message Box so it will work.

Enjoy!

Thanks so much for updating the launcher, but I cannot seem to get it to work.

When I run it from GameEX I get an error that says ChankEX needs to close, and when I run it from the command line I get an error saying it cannot mount the image. I am using Daemon tools Drive G: (Program Files\DAEMON Tools\), my ISO's are in D:\dreamcast, the launcher vers. 1.6 and ChankEX are in D:\ChankEX

here is my config for the launcher

# Chankast Launch v1.6 -- By HeadKaze

[General]

# Name of Chankast executable (must be in same dir as chankast_launch.exe)

ChankastExe=ChankEx.exe

# Set default drive letter

Drive=G:

# Video Mode (640x480|800x600|1024x768|1280x1024|1600x1200)

# 1600x1200 only works with ChankEx

Screen=800x600

# Full Screen Mode

Fullscreen=True

# Force Full Screen Mode (for version < 25)

# Can be used with the -screen switch to force a resolution

#Forcefull=True

# Which program to mount the ISO with (DaemonTools|Alcohol120)

MountTool=DaemonTools

# Delay in seconds to wait after mounting ISO

Delay=5

# Unmount ISO when finished

Unmount=True

# Define ascii key for exit (27 == ESC key)

Exit=27

# Set region of DC flash file (jap|usa|euro)

#Region=usa

# Process priority (Normal|AboveNormal)

#Priority=Normal

# Show stats such as FPS

ShowStats=False

[DaemonTools]

Exe=d:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe

Device=0

[Alcohol120]

Exe=C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\AxCmd.exe

Drive=M:

[GamePadExit]

MapGamePadExit=False

Up=False

Right=False

Down=False

Left=False

Button1=False

Button2=False

Button3=False

Button4=False

Button5=False

Button6=False

Button7=False

Button8=False

Button9=True

Button10=True

#Settings for ChankEx

[ChankEx]

# Limit FPS (Off|30|60)

LimitFPS=Off

[soul Calibur]

CPU=120

ZWrite=False

ZWriteAlpha=False

CapcomHack=False

CableType=NTSC

SCalbrPlyrSelectHack=False

SCalbr2DFix=True

[ikaruga]

CPU=120

IkarugaLevel2Fix=True

[sega GT]

CapcomHack=True

SegaGTLoading=True

and here is my config from GameEX

[Emulator_29]

Enabled=True

StartPageName=Sega Dreamcast (ChankEX)

TitleText=Sega Dreamcast

StartPageLogo=Dreamcast

RomFilter=*.bin;*.cdi;*.nrg

RomsInFolders=False

ROMPath=D:\dreamcast

SnapPath=D:\dreamcast\snap

TitlePath=

BoxPath=

CartPath=

WorkingPath=D:\ChankEx

MapKeys=False

WaitBeforeKeys=

SendKeys=

ReplaceDash=True

ReplaceUnder=True

Capitals=True

RemoveBrackets=True

ShowDesktop=False

Debug=False

MapFile=

AlsoLaunch=

Command=chankast_launch.exe [RomPath]\[RomFile]

OLDatZip=

LaunchBefore=

LaunchAfter=

configFile=

ExcludedFiles=

CustomBackground=

PlayMusic=

PCGame=

DATABASE=

GamesIn7Zips=

LastGame=False|29|Soul Calibur|Soul Calibur.cdi|Soul Calibur|Sega Dreamcast|5

When I run it from GameEX I get an error that says ChankEX needs to close, and when I run it from the command line I get an error saying it cannot mount the image. I am using Daemon tools Drive G: (Program Files\DAEMON Tools\), my ISO's are in D:\dreamcast, the launcher vers. 1.6 and ChankEX are in D:\ChankEX

I think you just answered your own question. You can't mount the image. All chankast_launch does is mount the image to the drive you specify using the command line options of Daemon Tools. If it's not mounting you need to review the settings.

ie.

- Use Daemon Tools 4.0+

- Make sure Drive=G: matches the drive letter of your Daemon Tools virtual drive

- Make sure Device=0 matches the device number of your Daemon Tools virtual drive

I think you just answered your own question. You can't mount the image. All chankast_launch does is mount the image to the drive you specify using the command line options of Daemon Tools. If it's not mounting you need to review the settings.

ie.

- Use Daemon Tools 4.0+

- Make sure Drive=G: matches the drive letter of your Daemon Tools virtual drive

- Make sure Device=0 matches the device number of your Daemon Tools virtual drive

Hi, thanks for your fast reply!

I am using the most recent version of Daemon tools, and my drive letter and device number match.

Unfortunately it is still not working.

I tried "commenting" out the lines that do the mounting in your launcher ini file, and did the mounting and unmounting in GameEX config instead. When I did this, everything seems work fine.

heres my gameex config

[Emulator_29]

Enabled=True

StartPageName=Sega Dreamcast (ChankEX)

TitleText=Sega Dreamcast

StartPageLogo=Dreamcast

RomFilter=*.bin;*.cdi;*.nrg

RomsInFolders=False

ROMPath=D:\dreamcast

SnapPath=D:\dreamcast\snap

TitlePath=

BoxPath=

CartPath=

WorkingPath=D:\ChankEx

MapKeys=False

WaitBeforeKeys=

SendKeys=

ReplaceDash=True

ReplaceUnder=True

Capitals=True

RemoveBrackets=True

ShowDesktop=False

Debug=False

MapFile=

AlsoLaunch=

Command=chankast_launch.exe [RomPath]\[RomFile]

OLDatZip=

LaunchBefore=""d:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -mount 0,"[RomPath]\[RomFile]""

LaunchAfter="d:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -unmount 0

configFile=

ExcludedFiles=

CustomBackground=

PlayMusic=

PCGame=

DATABASE=

GamesIn7Zips=

jombee: This is quite strange.. okay can you do me a favour try the chankast_launch in the fist post again, I've changed the command line to run Daemon to have double quotes around the exe. Even though it was working for me that may solve the issue.

If your still having problems, can you download the zip in this post and show me the command line it displays in the MessageBox. Thanks.

chankast_launch_test.zip

Does Chankast Launch still support using .lnk's (command line) or just the in-built .ini functionality? Because two of my games are on the same disc, and I want them to appear as two items in GameEx, so I can have screenshots for each games.

i.e.

Border Down

Ikaruga

as opposed to:

Border Down/Ikaruga

Emph

it still works with shortcuts but you just place the options for the game in the ini file instead.

Create a shortcut to chankast_launch.exe and add the game's full path as a parameter.

Eg.

chankast_launch.exe C:\Games\Sega Dreamcast\Ikaruga.cdi

Then you can have a section in chankast_launch.ini called Ikaruga.

Eg

[Ikaruga]
CPU=120

Although bare in mind you don't have to have an ini section for every game, only create sections for the games that don't run using the default options in Chankast.

Doesn't work for me unfortunately. If I run it through GameEx ChankEx just crashes (send error report to ms crap). This is probably due to the cd image not being loaded, because I created a .bat file to test my command line and it gives me "Mount switch syntax error" something. I have set my drive letter ( I: ) and drive # ( 0 ) correctly. I'm using Daemon Tools 4 something. (That worked with the older launcher).

Oh, and I tried having GameEx mount the images like in the jombee posted. Still no luck.

chankast_launch.txt

Dreamcast2.txt

Emph

Exe="C:\Program\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe"

I would remove the double quotes above.

Uninstall Daemon Tools and download the latest version and install it. Also download the wrapper from the first post again just to make sure you have the latest version. Don't forget you need dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin.

If you can't get it working from command line, it wont work with the wrapper. Also try running the chankast_launch_test version a few posts above, as it will display the Daemon Tools command line it's trying to run.

To test chankast_launch without running it from GameEx (no point trying it from GameEx until you get it working outside GameEx).

Create a shortcut to chankast_launch, right click properties on the shortcut and add a game as a parameter to the target.

Eg.

C:\Emulators\Chankast\chankast_launch.exe C:\Roms\Sega Dreamcast\Soul Calibur.cdi

Run the shortcut to test the wrapper.

Hmm I think I know what may be causing the crashing for you emph. Some of the hacked dll's may be causing it. I've just tried a fresh install of ChankEx with my wrapper and I can replicate the crashing. The way I fixed it was to copy over the following dll's from the original Chankast

Chankast_Cdrom.dll
Chankast_Cdrom_Aspi.dll
Chankast_Input.dll
Chankast_Input_Semi.dll

I think ChankEx uses some pretty crude hacks and may not be worth the effort after all. I'm not sure if replacing the above dll's means that some of the hacks don't work either.

hi headkaze :)

I'm testing your chankast launch 1.6 and work fine with GameEx and original Chankast

ChankastExe=Chankast_alpha_25.exe

With ChankEx CRASH (Xp error : AppVer:0.0.0.0 ModName: d3d9.dll)

ChankastExe=ChankEx.exe

Without GameEx work fine

I've just had a play with ChankEx using the Soul Calibur hacks and I don't honestly notice any difference. I'm really starting to wonder why I bothered adding support for it. Personally I'm going back to using the original Chankast, this hack dosn't seem to be worth it IMHO.

I've just had a play with ChankEx using the Soul Calibur hacks and I don't honestly notice any difference. I'm really starting to wonder why I bothered adding support for it. Personally I'm going back to using the original Chankast, this hack dosn't seem to be worth it IMHO.

I'll try the dll swap tomorrow. Now it's bed time in Sweden. But I think it's a good thing you added support for ChankEx, perhaps they'll live up to your expectations sooner than you think. I noticed a great speedup in Border Down, at least when I let ChankEx decide the fps by itself. Think outside the box that is your precious Soul Calibur. ;)

Emph

hi headkaze :)

I'm testing your chankast launch 1.6 and work fine with GameEx and original Chankast

ChankastExe=Chankast_alpha_25.exe

With ChankEx CRASH (Xp error : AppVer:0.0.0.0 ModName: d3d9.dll)

ChankastExe=ChankEx.exe

Without GameEx work fine

The problem with this error seems to be a conflict maybe between the wrapper(?) and fullscreen mode, if you disable fullscreen and turn on debug in the main config the emulator plays no problem??.

If you leave fullscreen off you do not get a picture through Gameex,the game is loaded as you can hear it.. if you then press Escape (chankex`s default switch to fullscreen mode)after you hear the game is loading you get fullscreen and it works no problem.

The problem with this error seems to be a conflict maybe between the wrapper(?) and fullscreen mode, if you disable fullscreen and turn on debug in the main config the emulator plays no problem??.

If you leave fullscreen off you do not get a picture through Gameex,the game is loaded as you can hear it.. if you then press Escape (chankex`s default switch to fullscreen mode)after you hear the game is loading you get fullscreen and it works no problem.

I think DieSel is on to something here. If you disable fullscreen ChankEX loads with no error, but you can only hear it and see a black screen. If you change the GameEX config to showdesktop=True, everything works perfectly, except the game is in windowed mode. I thik the problem might be with ChankEX using ESC for fullscreen mode.

Headkaze, I see nice improvements in Soul Calibur, Ikaruga and a few other games with ChankEX. The games look better and run faster for me.

guys do you realize that you are reverse engineering my reverse engineered version of a program based entirely on reverse engineering! :P :P

Wow, pretty cool. :lol:

headkaze,

Anything you need just ask on the shoutbox. we're not telepathic ;)

Ill send you the beta's of chankex via pm link if it helps :)

I get the latest version together and post you within 24-48 hrs.

Also support wont be such a headache for you soon, since 90%

of settings are now saved in the ini file and its chankex is able

to be disabled completly.

hot swappable, sortof!

btw the soul calibur hack is for the huge amount of 2d corruption that accours after a vs screen is displayed.

• 2 weeks later...

K, Updated chankex should be a little more friendly to your needs now. :)

Chankast EX Version 1.4.7

- Now a joystick wrapper

- Speed controls extended to k/b and 2nd joypad

- Optional turbo off key

- Rewritten windows sizing code

- More GamesEx friendly.

- No cd-errors option extended to aspi plugin.

- Ikarura Fix now zero impact.

- Saves settings on exit.

- Start fullscreen for better sound sync.

- Fps Limiting has less impact on overall speed.

-trix

K, Updated chankex should be a little more friendly to your needs now. :)

Chankast EX Version 1.4.7

- Now a joystick wrapper

- Speed controls extended to k/b and 2nd joypad

- Optional turbo off key

- Rewritten windows sizing code

- More GamesEx friendly.

- No cd-errors option extended to aspi plugin.

- Ikarura Fix now zero impact.

- Saves settings on exit.

- Start fullscreen for better sound sync.

- Fps Limiting has less impact on overall speed.

-trix

Thanks Trixstar appreciate your help!

Thanks Trixstar appreciate your help!

Most of the settings are in the ini file now except Alphablending options are still handled by chankests own cfg so just use postmessage on those suckers.

One last thing:

ChankExs menu is maintained in the input dll not in chankast. That might save some headaches for ya! :D

If you need anything else pm me....

• 2 weeks later...

========================

Enjoy!

Anyway to force global command line options? ie. -capcomhack -zwrite -zwritealpha? If not. How do I enable these with the wrapper?

Anyway to force global command line options? ie. -capcomhack -zwrite -zwritealpha? If not. How do I enable these with the wrapper?

Ok I figured out how to add these commands to each individual game. However the capcomhack option doesn't work for me. Even though I have it set to true. Any ideas?