All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

are setting up pc games hard?

katuuuz

is it really worth the hassle? now that i'm done, i was thinking i can use more... why not right? i have the sims and a few expansion packs, and was wondering if it was more trouble than it is worth?

Actually, setting up PC games is a cinch in comparison to emulators. You have a bunch of different options to run them to. You can setup a single emulator page, called PC GAMES or similar, then just have all your games' shortcut linked to a "games/pcgames" type folder. Then set your rom filter to look for the lnk files, and it lists all your PC games. Or, you could use your external applications page and configure each game as it's own application. I'm not to fond of this option, cause you have to go into MORE GAMES PROGRAMS on the start menu, and then after you pick the game, you have to press START THIS GAME twice for it to work. But you do it however you want. One thing you might run into problems with is running those PC games on your TV set you mentioned you have. Unless they're really old games, ie, late 80's early 90's, you probably won't be able to read any of the text on the screen. The resolution will be so akward on a TV, that the text will be super small, or if you fix the res, they'll be super huge and clipped. Who knows though? You might just be able to get it all working with no problems at all. Just giving you some ideas of things to consider.

Actually, setting up PC games is a cinch in comparison to emulators. You have a bunch of different options to run them to. You can setup a single emulator page, called PC GAMES or similar, then just have all your games' shortcut linked to a "games/pcgames" type folder. Then set your rom filter to look for the lnk files, and it lists all your PC games. Or, you could use your external applications page and configure each game as it's own application. I'm not to fond of this option, cause you have to go into MORE GAMES PROGRAMS on the start menu, and then after you pick the game, you have to press START THIS GAME twice for it to work. But you do it however you want. One thing you might run into problems with is running those PC games on your TV set you mentioned you have. Unless they're really old games, ie, late 80's early 90's, you probably won't be able to read any of the text on the screen. The resolution will be so akward on a TV, that the text will be super small, or if you fix the res, they'll be super huge and clipped. Who knows though? You might just be able to get it all working with no problems at all. Just giving you some ideas of things to consider.

true, thanks a lot, i won't get into it. i remember pulling up firefox on my tv and having the text close to illegible. that's a time saver, i'll just stick with the dosbox sierra games. thanks han.

Don't get me wrong though, there are a lot of games that you CAN play. It just depends on the resolutions. Games like StepMania work fine, but if you play it online its difficult to read the chatroom. Other games, like Halflife, are fine as long as you don't worry about trying to read chat if you're online. Fully graphical games with no text are fine.