All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Theme Competition Entries

Adultery

themecomp3.png

OFFICIAL ENTRY THREAD

Please post your theme entries here. This thread can also be used to discuss current entries. I will be closing the pinned topic to keep it clean. Rules, prizes, and other information are located here. Thanks everyone!

EXAMPLE ENTRY POST:
Theme Title: _______________________________
Theme Type: _______________________________
Theme Version: _______________________________
Theme Resolution: _______________________________

[snap1] [snap2] [snap3] -or- [YouTube Video]
Theme Description: ______________________________
Theme Features: ______________________________

Date Submitted: _______________________________
Download URL: _______________________________ (No RapidShare Links Please!!!)
Download Size: _______________________________
Additional Notes: _______________________________

Theme Title: Enter the Dragon

Theme Type: HTPC

Theme Version: V4

Theme Resolution: 1680 x 1050

Theme Description: Two-tone wood elements with an Asian flare.

Theme Features: Large collection of original logos with and without system images. - Extensive Photoshop PSD and GIMP XCF files included for custom foreground and background files creation. - Theme-based Vertical Bezel and Windows Desktop/Logon Screen included - Works well with default menu or custom menu layouts. - Makes good use of transparencies with Color Key disabled.

Date Submitted: 06/03/2011

Download URL: http://www.gameex.co...he%20Dragon.zip

Download Size: 132 MB

Additional Notes: Give it a try, let me know what ya think. Simplicity of display was the goal without appearing too busy with too many visual elements in the design itself, while keeping with most GameEx features enabled.

• Like 1

Theme Title: Space Invaders

Theme Category: HTPC

Theme Resolution: 1680 x 1050

Theme Description: Theme based upon Bally Williams Space Invader bezel and elements and original game sounds.

Theme Features: Large collection of original logos with system images. Scroller, Date, and Time features enabled. Color Key disabled to take advantage of "true black" and transparencies. Weather, Pop-up, and Select 1 & 2 disabled to avoid clutter and keep arcade machine "feel.".

Date Submitted: 07/14/2011

Download URL: http://www.gameex.co...%20Invaders.zip

Download Size: 94 MB

Additional Notes: Special thanks to Adultery for providing the system sound files and to various members for providing encouragement and feedback! Also thanks to Celly for providing me with a copy of the theme in action!

• Like 3

Theme Title: Joust

Theme Type: Cabinet

Theme Resolution: 800 x 600

Theme Description: Theme based upon the original bezel and elements and original game sounds.

Theme Features: Large collection of original logos with system images. Date, Time, Weather, Select 1 & 2 features enabled. Color Key disabled to take advantage of "true black" and transparencies. Scroller and Pop-up disabled to avoid clutter and keep arcade machine "feel" as much as is possible.

Date Submitted: 07/20/2011

Download URL: http://www.gameex.com/themes/Joust.zip

Download Size: 67 MB

Additional Notes: Special thanks to Adultery for providing feedback!

• Like 1

::UPDATE::

• Added an X-Arcade Dual Joystick courtesy of X-Gaming
  • Also added a $100 gift certificate to Amazon courtesy of Tom @ GameEx! Make sure you drop him a line of gratitude for giving the community so much!!

::UPDATE::

• Added an LED Wiz USB Lighting and Output Controller courtesy of Groovy Game Gear
  • Added book "Project Arcade: Build Your Own Arcade Cabinet" autographed by author John St. Clair courtesy of ArcadeControls.com

Yes, thanks to the sponsors of course. I just wanted to make sure you got recognition for doing the leg work of contacting them and getting things organized for the contest.

I tried to make a theme once. It was a freaking disaster. So, now I rely on other's creativity. Maybe I should have let my wife design it an I implement it (she's in advertising and comes up with the advertising concepts that the creatives implement). :P

@Adultery - You just continue to fascinate! Good work!

@bkenobi - If I can visualize and toss together a theme, then it is within your reach! I learned GIMP as I went along. Of course, I tend to be OCD about things I love to do and grab hold with bulldog tenacity.

Thanks Drac & Circo! :)

It's easy to do something well when you're passionate about it!

Man, I'd love to get my hands on all those prizes. Too bad I just don't have the skill. I tried my hand at making a Theme way back before V2 themes. It sucked so bad by the time I was done, I just broke down and used somebody elses. Good job ahead of time to whoever wins!

UPDATE:

• Added 2 UltraStik 360s with restrictor kits and an iPac2 courtesy of Ultimarc!
  • Added 1 wired XBOX 360 controller courtesy of the GameEx Staff!
  • Re-balanced the prize levels and added a 4th place tier!

It's a work of art for sure!

You gonna step up and take a shot amos? You always did great work! ;)